With a fresh logo from legendary artist Yoshitaka Amano and a name that evokes reaching towards the heavens, the spring 2015 expansion pack for the award-winning MMORPG finally sees players heading towards the Northern city of Ishgard. The focus of the expansion’s story will the the 1,000 year-old Dragonsong War between Ishgard and Dravania and the players’ role in the conflict and its potential end.
Along with a massive adventure in the north, Heavensward will be adding a ton of fresh features to the game, including:
- Level cap raise from 50 to 60 across all jobs and professions.
- Massive new areas.
- A new player race with both male and female characters.
- Multiple new jobs.
- New Primals, one of which will be completely unique to FFXIV.
- Many new dungeons — more than 3 or 4.
- High-end raids
- Airships, Airship, Airships — Free Companies can band together and build their own airships.
- New gear and recipes.